Design and Engineering Practices
NIPI ONGM today is a well-established team of highly-skilled Design Engineers and Scientists with many years’ experience in the Engineering Industry.
Oil Fields Engineering Department:
- Process Team;
- Four Piping Teams;
- Industrial and Fire Safety Team;
- Environmental Protection Team;
- Design Estimates Team.
Design documentation Sections for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities as well as for infrastructure facilities developed by Oilfield Engineering Dept include the following:
1) Process design;
2) Labor Management and Work Environment;
3) Process and design solutions for infrastructure facilities. Engineering structures;
4) Buildings and structures that are part of a infrastructure facilities / lines;
5) Requirements to ensure safe operation of permanent facilities;
6) Environmental Action Plan;
7) Nature Conservation Measures;
8) Fish Stock Impact Assessment;
9) Protection of Cultural Heritage Sites/Resources;
10) Fire Safety Measures;
11) Civil Defense Engineering Measures.
12) Emergency Prevention Measures;
13) Fire Safety Declaration;
14) Industrial Safety Declaration (Safety Case);
15) Measures to prevent/mitigate terrorist attacks;
16) Risk Assessment;
Design Drawings Packages for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities and lines:
1) Processing Technology/Production Process;
2) Process Utilities;
3) Gas Supply;
4) External Gas Pipelines;
5) Leak Detection System;
6) Corrosion Protection for Process Vessels, Gas Ducts and Pipelines;
7) Equipment Heat Insulation and Pipelines Lagging;
8) Linear Pipeline Section.
Civil Structural Engineering Department (or Civil Dept):
- Civil Teams;
- Plot Plan and Transport Team;
- Construction Management Plan Team;
- Construction Estimates Team.
Design documentation developed by Civil Dept for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities as well as for infrastructure facilities / lines include:
1) Site Planning & Design / Site Layouts;
2) Architectural & structural design solutions;
3) Structural and Space Planning Solutions;
4) Construction Management Plan;
5) Management Plan for demolition & dismantling activities to replace permanent facilities;
6) Design Solutions to provide access for the disabled;
7) Site Planning & Design;
8) Process and design solutions for a linear facility. Man-made structures;
9) Right-of-way Design;
10) Land remediation;
11) Estimate Documentation.
Design Drawings Packages for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities and linear facilities:
1) Plot Plan;
2) Plot Plan and Transport Facilities;
4) Transport Facilities;
5) Architectural & Civil Engineering Concept;
6) Architectural Concept;
7) Interior Design;
8) Reinforced Concrete Structures;
9) Steel Structures / Metalwork;
10) Detailed Metalwork;
11) Structural Engineering Drawings;
12) Corrosion Protection for Buildings and Structures.
Civil Structural Engineering Department works together with Company’s Subdivisions and Customer Office to:
- plan land use (site zoning) based on process interconnections, sanitary and hygiene requirements, fire safety requirements, supply turnover/traffic and phases of construction;
- provide roads and footpaths for vehicles and pedestrians to workplace and accommodation with minimum loss of time;
- review potential facility; expansion/enhancements using available space at site;
- organize an integrated social amenities system and other types of welfare services;
- create a uniform architectural ensemble as part of the adjacent process facilities and residential area.
Subsurface Utilities Engineering Department (Underground Dept.).
Design documentation developed by Subsurface Utilities for permanent production and non-production capital construction projects cover the following:
1) Water Supply System;
2) Water Disposal System;
3) Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Heat Supply Network.
Design Drawings Packages for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities and lines:
1) External Water and Sewage Lines;
2) External Water Supply Network;
3) External Sewerage;
4) Sewage System Technology;
5) Water Supply System Technology;
6) Water Supply and Sewerage;
7) HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning);
8) Air Supply;
9) Dust Control;
10) Boiler thermal and mechanical design;
11) Heat Supply Networks;
13) Gas Fire Suppression System;
14) External Fire Fighting System.
When NIPI ONGM specialists undertake the design of power supply systems, they do so by making rigorous calculations of the loads expected to be handled by a system during its operation. This approach to the design of electrical systems minimizes the risk of disruptions in power supply to oil & gas production facilities, and creates reliable power backup systems.
Special emphasis will be placed on the use of energy efficient technologies to significantly reduce power consumption by industrial facilities.
Our Specialists have amassed a wealth of engineering expertise in the design of power generation plants, electrical systems and power grids for various applications. Our Power Engineers have developed engineering solutions for large projects that were implemented later as part of oil and gas facilities including Power Generation Plants operating on different types of fuel, such as for example:
- 45MWt Power Generation Plant for the Kolvin Oilfield;
- 10MWt Power Generation Plant. Booster Pump Station in Eastern Inghinsky License Area.
The Design Documentation developed by our Specialists cover the following areas:
- On-site and External Networks;
- Internal Electrical Equipment
- Electric Lighting;
- Outdoor Lighting;
- Power Generation Plants using generators operating on different types of fuel;
- Transformers Substations;
- Power Distribution Centers with different Voltage Classes;
- Lightning Protection for Buildings and Structures;
- Grounding/Earthing Systems;
- Cathodic and Anodic Protection.
Automated Control, Telemetry and Communication Systems Department
Instrumentation Department designs automatic control, monitoring and protection systems for process equipment, as well as fire protection and facility perimeter monitoring/surveillance systems.
Our Instrumentation Specialists have in-depth engineering expertise in designing process control systems of varying degrees of complexity including multi-level control systems made up of two independent systems: DCS and ESD (Distributed Control System and Emergency Shutdown System). The total number of signals processed by one of the Multi-Level Control Systems designed and integrated by our engineers exceeded 15,000 signals.
Instrumentation Specialist have experience in designing various DCS systems including those based on the modern Field Buses (such as FOUNDATION Fieldbus, Profibus, etc.) where they have produced detailed engineering solutions to be incorporated into a facility to make it fully instrumented, protected and secure.
Also worthy of mention, among other things, are engineering solutions developed by our Specialists for projects involving a Wireless Remote Data Monitoring Systems with the Data Exchange Rate in excess of 10Mb/sec.
Design Documentation Sections for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities and linear facilities developed by our Instrumentation Dept include:
1) Communication Networks;
2) Integrated Automation;
3) Fire Safety Measures;
4) Regional Frequency Allocation Chart for Radio Network.
Design Drawings Packages for permanent industrial and non-industrial facilities and linear facilities include:
1) Electrochemical Corrosion Protection;
2) Cathodic Polarization;
3) Integrated Automatic Control;
4) Automated Control (Automation for Production Processes, Dust Removal Systems, Heating and Ventilation, Water Supply and Sewer System, , External Water Supply and Sewer System, Gas Distribution Systems and Stations, Heat Supply Systems, Boiler Thermal and Mechanical Systems, Fire Fighting Systems, Smoke Exhaust, Compressor Station, Gas Fire Suppression, and Fire Fighting System);
6) Radio Communication;
7) Communication Systems (External Communication Network, Wired Data Communication Network facilities, Wired Internal Network Communication Facilities for Plants and companies, Wired Communication facilities for Line Structures);
8) Security and Fire Alarm System (Fire Alarm, Security/Intruder, Fire Detection and Alarm System);
9) Security System Hardware (Video Surveillance, Closed Circuit Television, Access Control System).
Administrative and Executive Departments
- Document Control Dept;
- Engineering Research Center;
- Chief Project Engineers Office;
- Subcontracts Management Dept;
- Technical Dept;
- Design Documentation Release Dept;
- QA/QC & Standards;
- Business Development Dept;
- Translations Dept (English/Russian);
- IT & T;
- CAD Implementation Dept;
- Classified Records Office;
- Accounting Office;
PC HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
NIPI ONGM uses the most advanced computer equipment, engineering graphics software packages including PDMS software system for 3D modeling, which helps reduce significantly the design time and produce superior quality documents.
NIPI ONGM uses only certified/licensed software including:
- Intergraph CAESAR II for Piping Stress Analysis;
- SAP for Structural Analysis;
- AutoCAD Design Suite.
Our personnel undergo relevant training courses, conducted by manufacturers and authorized Training Centers, in the use of all specialized software products.